Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Freya the Unfriendly Cat

With my Anubis growing into the beautiful lad (cat) he is & since I have to fix him sooner or later, I wanted breed him first and get to see his babies. So a friend of mine told me about this gorgeous white & gray female. On description I was smitten with here & had to have her. Hence Freya .. Walked into Anubis’s life & mine. But to our dismay Freya turned out to be bigger than Nubie and I had anticipated and she looked to be already pregnant! Some bride I got my boy lol. But being the gorgeous gentle creature she is; although not very friendly, I fell even more in love with her. And she has eyes like you won’t believe! They are not gray, not green, not yellow & not blue .. rather .. all the above at different points and under different lights, beautifully amazing! So we decided to keep Freya anyway, Nubie & I.

A month later Freya gave me the creeps. The cat starts miawing and acting strange and for a whole day I thought this cat was giving birth and kept close watch on her, but I’d supervised 2 cats giving birth before. I had seen Anubis & his mother born, this kind of birth was alien to me & just strange! I didn’t know what was wrong with her & was just about ready to give up and head to the vet when in comes my sister’s Casper, and just like that … the two cats start bumping ugly's!!! I mean whattha.. she was in heat!! And there I was fussing about a box and pillows and towels and whatnots, and she was only in heat! Go figure!

I took her to the vet later on and he’s not really sure what’s going on and tells me to wait on her some more (and you call yourself a vet!). So I go home and start looking the issue up on the net. And it turns out, cats can & do mate while pregnant and can actually get pregnant by more than one male! Sub7an allah! For more information on this go to: http://www.sniksnak.com/cathealth/whydo2.html
Under: Why do kittens born in the same litter look so different?

So anyway, I do what the “vet” says and wait till the next month and kaboom.. Freya is in heat again ..this time she takes Nubies virginity lol. But she’s also shedding hair all over like crazy & I’m too scared to do anything about it, can't even give her a shower, cuz she is “pregnant” right? Wrong. I took her to the vet again and surprise surprise, Freya is not even pregnant. The damn feline turned out to be just FAT! It’s just amazing how stupid a cat can make u feel!

Well, now that I found out she is not pregnant I started being firmer with her & trying to tame her really not so friendly manner, I gave her a shower & treated her for the hair loss. I was too attached to her by now to let her go. But alas, the hair loss continues; my blue rug is now white! And even after all this time, all this feeding, all this grooming, cooing & coaxing the cat is still unfriendly. So I finally decided it’s time to say goodbye. Sorry Freya, I tried, but your gonna have to go back.



Freya Posted by Hello

In Norse mythology, Freya is a goddess of love and fertility, and the most beautiful and propitious of the goddesses. She is the patron goddess of crops and birth, the symbol of sensuality and was called upon in matters of love. She loves music, spring and flowers, and is particularly fond of the elves (fairies).

Too bad my girl wasn't more like that ;Well goodbye Freya.
Anubis, Casper & I will miss you terribly. But good riddance anyway ;)

14 Comments:

At 4:05 AM, Blogger 2 Second Club ® said...

She's pretty, and she knows it.. ;)

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Peach said...

The Don! Welcome bk ;) My 100 post is just about ready to be posted & I was waiting for you to come bk so you won't miss it .. Hope you had a pleasant trip, regardless of Schumachers trechery ;)

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Jewaira said...

Peach
Ashwa, good riddance to Freya she was just a fickle feline.
So how r the boys doing ;) Casper & Nubi?

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

hahahaha funny post, I was hoping of pictures of the mating, but maybe next time :)

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Peach said...

Jewaira,
Casper and Nubie still don’t know what’s going on & Freya is still here lol just my luck when I finally decide to let her go my friend is unavailable to take her back. And it’s making it harder to let her go! But the decision has already been make so there u go ;)

Purg,
You mean you actually read all that! Impressive, I must be getting better ;)

Jeff, lol
For not knowing what shokran is you gave the right answer .. afwan ;) shokran is thanks you my sweet, without the sweet hehe. Next time I’m gonna pop quiz you on that so remember it ;) And where’s my email? I can’t imagine anyone crazier about cats than I am. But Freya came to me old that is why I’m not too attached to her even though I would have loved to keep her. You shoulda seen me when I had to give up my Chaos; Anubis’s uncle. I turned the house into a funeral home!

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Peach said...

Sorry Jeff,
I thought u were saying I don't know what shokran means .. my bad! sometimes I read too fast for my own good :D

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Peach, I could not stop, cats in heat make me interested :P

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger AyyA said...

Nice educational post Peach, and although I don’t care much for cats; I’m a dog person, one of my kid’s cats had made me get attached to him gasob. He just loves to climb all over me lick my hands, my feet and my face, and he loves to chew on my hair, and sometimes when I’m laying down on a couch, watching TV with the kids, he insists on sitting on my face making it hard for me to watch TV, although I’d push her aside, she resumes back her rightful place, my kids get a kick out of this.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger UzF said...

9j cats have a world of their own! i guess a cataphobic (does this word even exist?) like me wouldve never guessed!
the multiple fathers part sounds fun! but freya's attitude can't be interpreted to other than 3yara (think alice in the wonder land) lol!

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Drunk'n'Gorgeous said...

Heya Peach! Your post cracked me up. First she's pregnant, then she's in heat. Then she's not pregnant, but she's still in heat. Then she's with Casper, the next time she's with Anubis. The funniest part was when you were like you'll miss her but good riddance anyway lol especially coming from you a catlover. Freya looks gorgeous. 7asafa ina she scratches and sheds hair. Goolay the hair thing can be treated but the scratching? *Shudder* I'm a wuss.

By the by we used to have a kitten named Adam. Adorable all-white long hair with blueish-gray eyes. He was tiny but he was a fighter. He scratched everyone in our household at one point or another. I thought it was just 'cuz he's a male and "male cats are supposedly more violent" or something but now I hear all this about Freya so I'm guessing I was wrong. Good to know :P Well enough rambling from me. Take care sweetie :)

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger Peach said...

Purg, hahahaa I shoulda known setana setana ;p

AyyA,
oooooh so cute sounds like my Nubie ;D Maybe we could mate them! my Nubis and your kids cat, how does that sound? ;)

Uz, hehe glad I can be of benifit my cataphobic friend. And I dare say u are absolutly right she is a 3ayara I'm just too marshmello hearted to admit it ;) taksir kha6ri yakhi!! lol

D'n'G, shifty shloon ;)
She doesn't scratch though. I'll have her head if she ever did lol. I'm a good cat trainer don't worry, what I mean by unfriendly attitude is her shiftly eyes; she never looks you in the eye! and how she gives a little jump every time u reach out to pet her and then lets u pet her when she realizes you're only petting. She can't trust, and cat's who can't trust can't be trusted. she's been here for at least 6 months if not more & still no change so I figured she won't ever change. I really would have loved to keep her! but oh well ;)Also it's harder to train cats who are already adults.
Glad you got a kick out of it though lol can't get over it myself!
About your cat, when a cat scratches you should spray him with water, just a quick pish pish Or give him a little tap with your finger on top of his nose along with a shout of NO so he knows he did something wrong. Not too hard though! He will learn fast although he is too stuborn to admit it. With persistence it'll work out in the end ;) tough job isn't it!

mydream,
Like my Nubie hehehe wanasa ;D

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Peach said...

why I breed 'em Jeff ;) <-- smug smile

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Muhammad Aladdin said...

she's just FABLOUS!
:)

Al

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Peach said...

She is isn't she ;) I still have her lol. after a while I found out that I just couldn't give her up after all. And on a brighter note.. she's starting to get friedlier ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home