Tuesday, March 08, 2005

8th March

Last night, as soon as it struck twelve, I started partying.
For two hours I was DJ of the house, starting with Alicia Keys’s Mr. Man to the Thousand Years of Sting going through mixtures of Spanish dance, techno & R&B. After that I lay in bed & let Yanni take my ears as I lost my other senses in some Pooh wisdom. When the words started to dance in front of my eyes, I put the book down, switched off the lamp & drifted off in a contented sleep.

Today I awoke with a smile (^.^) For today is the 8th of march, my Birthday ;D Tanana na Ta Naaaaa .. Tonight, after all the loving folks & friends are done, I’ll hold my own little birthday ritual. I’ll get a banana cup cake & waraq 3inab from Palm Palace, a birthday hat & whistle, one of each and then I will have my own private celebration, I’ll play my favorite music & watch my wriggling candle atop my banana cup cake. For me, the time just before I blow out my birthday candles, is among the best for reflecting on past, future & mostly present, & simply being merry & joyous. ;)

Free Image Hosting at

Back in the lost days I used to look at my baby pictures in awe. I found it difficult to comprehend that this little creature is now me! I don’t feel that way anymore. Instead I’m filled with gratitude everyday that this little creature did indeed turn into me.
Sometimes, when I look at children around me, I wonder what they will think twenty years form now, when they look at their baby pictures. I wonder what they will look like, while their looking at their baby pictures. Creation I find, is such a beautiful thing & so is life & the passing of time. Like tides coming in & retreating, we all nestle in the circle of this beautiful existence. Let’s rejoice & celebrate. Let’s feel good & love how life flows.

15 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Happy Birthday sugar :)

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger AyyA said...

Wa 7alatha, every thing in her face is a circle; her face, her eyes, her nose, her mouth. Did you notice how I address the picture as a third party? LOL,
walla 7elwa peachy
Happy birthday sweetheart, and did you know that today is the International Women’s day?
Now you have two reason’s to celebrate, but don’t forget to save some cake for me ;)

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger UzF said...

What a surprise!
"she" lookes just c.u.t.e! ^^
I hope you have a wonderful year ahead full of all what's best for you, dear peach..
play safe and party hard ;)

and u'r awsome!

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Peach said...

Purgy thanks 7ayati ;D

Ayya ba3ad chabdi, hehehe blush blush .. no I didn’t know that! Nice! My bday is special it is ;)

Uz, “infokh el balaleen ya Zinati” ;P
Thanks 7abeebi ;)

Jeff sweetie ;) hehehe yup it’s my birthday it is it is! ;p well it was yesterday anyway hehe Tank you ;D

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Peach said...

Mydream & bitz, thanks guys ;)

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Eve said...

Happy Birthday Peach!
Am sorry it came a bit late, but I didn't come online for a while now, and god I feel so bad ... *hug* Kel 3am wentay eb5er w 9a7a wsalama [is there anything else so say? Am not good in those ... ].

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Peach said...

heheh 7abeebti that's good enough ;) Thanks galib ;)*hughughhughhug* (^.^)

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Peach said...

mydream ba3ad galbi, Thanks so much for the birthday card. Now that was a surprize ;D

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Jewaira said...

Happy birthday one week later! Have a lovely year ahead :)

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger pstpst said...

happy birthday peach, Am glad to find someone who knows how to enojy a little time with onself to well do exactly what you do. HAppy birthday

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Hopeless Poet said...

Well sorry for being four days late
But I guess it worth the wait
So happy birthday to you my grave mate
And may all your wishes agree with your fate

:P

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Ra-1 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)
I wish u a happy and successful life n_n

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Peach said...

Thanks everybody .. This is really sweet ;) Peach is hapeh ;D

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger UzF said...

Hello there!
I hope that you're fine and enjoying your life. This post is two years old, but I thought of throwing a small virtual party for you :). I brought german chocolate cake, you better love it :p
Walla seriously peach hope nothing has gone bad with you, and you'll spend today listening to music you like and ending it with you cupcake and waraq 3inab ritual..
Wishing you all the best and looking forward to hear from you soon ? maybe? :)

Love,
UzF

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Kitty said...

haaaaaaaappy biiiiiirthday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home