Saturday, February 12, 2005

Beauty

All my life I have been obsessed with it!
Sometimes I even thought that I possessed it!

For in my heart ..
I see the dark beauty of an ancient Indian courtesan. Her gazelle eyes had the power to rob a man of his soul! The King of kings himself, trembled between the folds of her silky raven hair, like a fragile leaf! When he would come back from war, his feet would be washed by his high lady the queen herself. Who then drank the water that washed his feet, in thanks for his safe return. And then the happy loved king would retire. In his courtesans bed!

And in my soul ..
I see the startling wild beauty of a Viking mistress. With her clear sea blue eyes, and golden hair rivaling the rays of the sun! Wild and free in her roaming, passionate in her feeling & mocking in her supremacy! Only those she chose retired in her bed!

Oh but I know I am far from such beauty!
For I live in the modern day, where beauty is made with a surgeons skill and a stroke of coal and it is both the beauty of man and woman that catches the eye and meets approval. And at my core is an innocence I can’t shake, this innocence does not meet with today’s standards of beauty. Also, I contradict my beauty obsession with my belief that a woman is gentle. How can I posses the boldness of character to make a man shiver with a glance if I am shy and gentle! I guess I won’t. But it’s enough to know I have such beauty inside. I will only need to make one man shiver anyway & It will be love that shakes him, and my beauty that reaches out to steady him ;)

8 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Jewaira said...

Beautifully expressed, Peach.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger UzF said...

"beauty is in the eyes of its beholder."
maybe this doesn't have much to do what you are feeling but it came to me as I proceeded to the end..

ps: to add ur blog to safat try this.

pps: to drink the water after washing his feet? >,< hehe :P

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger مبتدئ said...

Peach

Three things in life I cant find a logical interpretation of: Love, death , and Beauty.

Nice post

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger AyyA said...

Peach
I think every woman is beautiful; she just has to see it and know how to preserve it.
Unfortunately; since childhood we little girls are subjected to comparison with other young girls around; a sister, a cousin, and a neighbor. And that shields our vision to see our own uniqueness. And although we might hear a hundred times how beautiful we look as grown women, we still have this doubt. Ask yourself dear how your friends see you and then judge, coz these are the people who do see the real beautiful you. And I’m sure you are gorgeous even if your eyes were not blue :)

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Jewaira said...

On Valentine's Day, I deliver 3 bottles from your SecretAdmirers: a bottle of Wild Passion; another of Bliss; and the third of Fantasy. And a cyber bouquet of peachy cream roses for you :)

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Peach said...

Happy Vday all of you ;)

Jeff, Juwaira & Aqua thanks ;)
Thanks for the Roses Juwaira and my favorite color too! How did you know ;P hehehe priceless gifts my dear ;) I’ll open them right here to share with all my commenters the passion, bliss and fantasy they carry ;) I think I’ll keep a little fantasy for myself though ;)

Uz
Nice ;)
I got that from a movie lol “Kamasutra; a Love Story”. Nice movie .. you watch!

Mobtadi’
You could not have been more right ;)
Love, Death & Beauty. ;)
I’ll drink to that!

Rabab and Aqwa
You are absolutely right. But the beauty I’m talking about is the breath taking type. A woman is beautiful period. But once in a while u see an exceptional beauty. Ah! Now that’s the beauty I’m talking about .. I wish I wish I wish ;)

my dream ;)
you too sweety, I'm glad u got out of ur vday blues and ventured out into the wild ;)

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger pstpst said...

beautifully written, at the end though mmmmmmmm you let the magic evaporate a little but maybe thats the point no?
My brother's wife is a beauty, intrancing. I disregard her foolishness sometimes because of her beauty.I want to be close to this semi ignorant woman because of her beauty we are so different. But you know where her beauty lies the most?her struggle to go beyond it now that she doesn;t want to use it anymore as she did in the past. she has become more beautiful.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Peach said...

Thanks Beatnik ;) & welcome to my blog ;)..
You’ve got a sensitive feel for things, haven’t u! ;) Your right, the magic does wear thin in the end when it’s time to leave heart/soul and confront the mind. The mind speaks the language of reality. Conflict no? ;)
Ah .. now that’s a waste! Beauty is most divine when it is cultivated and molded with knowledge. Why shouldn’t ur brother’s wife want to use her beauty?! She has Life, a man & children to share with, beauty all around & over her, why not stretch it inside? Wouldn’t it be better perhaps if she combined her beauty with knowledge & a healthy dose of wisdom? After all being beautiful does not mean being empty. The complete beauty is the one with humble wisdom shining in her eyes! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home