Thursday, February 24, 2005

Night Club

I just came back from a drive with my brother. We didn’t really mean to go towards Gulf Road & the attractions. But somehow while cruzing we found our selves going in that direction. It was very crowded. Cars of all colors, models & sizes littered the streets. The lights were almost blinding. I kept looking up at the moon that walked the sky along side us, a full moon! and tomorrow is the 25th! (Today by now). They say a full moon makes people act strange, just think how they’ll be tomorrow! I told my brother that & he laughed as an image of people in a maseera “parade” howling at the moon, crossed my mind. Then it started to get too crowded so we decided to bail out before it got worse or indeed, too weird.

So we took the high way instead. Listening to ‘ya om a7mad’ by Rabi3 el Asmar and shaking our shoulders to the beat, in our minds dancing the dabka. And then we switched to ‘Ticket to Goa’, that’s when I started to listen deep into the techno sounds putting myself in a semi trance. And as the drum bass shook me like it was coming from inside, the lights held their own parade. A camera flashing here, a truck with an orange blinking light there, light decorations all around, they all danced to the beat. Even the flags shook it left & right like there was no tomorrow. And where there were no blinking lights, I looked at the far away street lights shimmering behind the trees. It was all highly amusing & I got to thinking, what the hell are we complaining about here in Kuwait! Boredom shmordom, with the right tunes It’s a frigging night club! So Kuwait, yeah, it’s a night club out there, kil 3am o into bkher, stay safe & have fun. ;)

9 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger UzF said...

wow, it must have been such a strong feeling of joy that you could imagine the whole surrounding is celebrating with you. that was very graphical :)
of course you won't mind me laughing at the image of you and ur bro shaking the shoulders lol this would just make such an unusual scene!
have great celebrations and watch around!

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

da da dum dum dum, you can't touch this :P

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger Peach said...

laugh away Uz laugh away, but when ur done with the states & all that & join us we'll make u shake & we'll be laughing too ;p
have a good one luv ;)

PurrrGAT!
I shouldna asked ;p
u too have a good one regardless weather it doesn't agree with ur somepoint of view or another ;)

people, he means the map of kuwait ;P can't touch this indeedy. ;)

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger AyyA said...

kil 3am wi inti ibkhair

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Peach said...

o inti bkher ;)

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger SoooMa said...

Kil 3am o inty eb khair :) and by the way .. I liked ur blog and I read the letter to Mr.Right wayed 3ajeeeba..
o inshalla u'll find him sooon :)

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Peach said...

O inti bkher.
Thanks SooMa ;)
but not soon!!!Later .. taw el nass .. free kuwait man ;p

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger pstpst said...

See habibi peach you see and feel exactly as i do because you taking what surrounds you in a different way than the avarage person.
I tell you another secret about me which shocks many. I am never bored LOL Never feel boredom. I do not have a wild social life, an extrem;y small circle of ffirneds and i isolate myself periodicly for relativly long time. i simply have plenty to do for myself and others. I do not have a Job, I do study but thats secondary to what it is do for my personal and emotional growth. very preoccupied LOL and still I have tiome for my anguished friends.
You are doing just fine girl, hold on to those moments because I believe that is what we live for. accumilating moments. what we do with them? we descover our depth and essnce. keep it up. share it.

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger Peach said...

U sound like a pillar of strength to me ;)
Believe me hon I do get bored .. plenty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home