Sunday, May 21, 2006

PIGS!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



OK. So we’ve got pigs living among us. Pigs, that lift their hands in a ten-missing-a-finger, because that fat little piggy finger is busy holding a flag. The fat pig’s face sports a stupid grin while its head bobs left & right. To add salt to the injury; a simple yet insolent lift of the eyebrows at the end, a practice common in this particular species, shame is an unknown factor.

And we also have pigs that stage comic plays in which groups of lost lil’ piglets are dressed in beautiful, shiny blues while they hold well tailored blue flags & well cut & written banners. Oh but these little piggies can’t act as well as their elders. They just stand there all stupid grins. Just stand! Must’ve gotten stage fright or something, I mean, didn’t any one tell them they're supposed to actually wave the flags!

As for their wife piglets, well, they don’t even bother! Just sit all secluded & black all over like they were in a funeral or something! Oh yeah, and no blues for the wifies.

And it’s not just them either. Lots of us are infected with the piggy disease. We’ve got people who are even with us posing under the “We Did It All” sing. We’ve got the simpletons like a colleague of mine who was more than happy to gloat repeatedly, not out of political pride but out of malice, that “7alaw el majlis. Eeee, 7aloo, 7alaw el majlis”. In an earlier conversation this simpleton of mine declared:” It should be 25 you know, the government knows best”, & then ironically:” El Kuwaitien kho ma3a el khel ya shagra, they don’t read about anything they just talk bas chithee”!! Now I’m guessing that was her old man talking because she was talking about what he said before that & damn it if I haven’t heard enough people talk politics by now to know who’s making sense & believing it & who’s full of BULL! My girl was packed.

Tell me if those ain’t piggy disease symptoms!!!

Now then, we’ve got our pigs, our piglets & our piggy infected. And they all live happily among us. And they are also the people. It's thier country too.

We are not all the people. We are not everyone. If we need to work for the good, we need to work for the good of everybody. All of us. But they are not with us are they!

So what are we gonna do now!

How do we deal with this dilemma! How can we fight for people who don’t know & who will fight us in their ignorance? I’m not talking about the big fat pigs. Oh no, they are gone. Those who dared desecrate the ground we rebelled on, those who dared pluck our flags out of the ground & then tried to outdo us with their stupid design! Honey you made a stupid lil’ cross .. we placed our flags in unity & love .. Our banners were crude because we made them ourselves & our orange cloth was tattered because we cut it ourselves .. Now THAT is art you can not compete with! Oh no, these pigs are way gone. But what about the rest! & what about our country’s salvation! What are we going to do now!

So many questions. Not so many answers. & a dark shadow of bewilderment cloaks my head. But I will not loose that beautiful sunshine that bathed Kuwait the day we pulled up the sun. I will not loose my hope, I’ve found it after years of longing & I’m holding it dear. The pigs have robed us one time too many.

Kuwait will not give up. We may burn low, but our flame is insatiable. The orange will rise again. And when it does. I will be wearing it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

8 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

ur political these days I see

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Peach said...

Not really. This to me isn't about politics. It's about people being able to live the way they wish to, say what they want to & not being supressed. If that is politics then it's the only kind I'm interested in.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger AyyA said...

Well said peachy, it’s the constant programming of ignorance dear, don’t blame your colleague. He just doesn’t know any better.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Peach said...

That's it? I just don't blame her! What about the thousands like her! We don't blame them .. ok. But then what! Life goes on again!!

 
At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God gave us the gift of freedom. Freedom of will, etc..etc..and believe me us humans don't give up easily. We've been bought for generations, we've been lulled into a false sense of peace. The 1990 invasion rudely woke us up. And ever since, the pot has been simmering & is slowly boiling over.
Some bled for Kuwait, we still will and always will.

Ignorance is bliss for most.

Jeff: Orange is the symbol for democracy :)

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Peach said...

J, I may have heard enough politics by now to know bull from un .. but that still doesn't mean I can talk it! lol .. I would probably give you all the facts messed up & twisted .. so if you really wana know .. check Ayya's blog .. She's on top of it & has it all ..

As for that post !! damn that was like last year or something! how sweet!! ;)) And I was still wondering about New Family Members when all this happened ;P But if you really can't wait any longer ;) .. We have a couple of Eskimo White dogs ;)) Fatso who was named (not by me!) that way cuz he was the fattest of the litter, still is. & Sparky who is our friends dog & staying with us indefinatly cuz thier mom has a problem with keeping a dog. Back then I also had a little kitten going by the name Katenka, she was given to my mom however & is now her faithful, loving companion ;) Sheesh .. nothing gets me talking like talking about my pets!! ;P

Mini maglooba R,
I sure hope so! Besides my colleague there's my boss, lebanese, who insists that it's kharabee6 & just like lebanon only with different names & keeps bugging me about how I gabbast 3alehom when I wore my orange tshirt & that's why they 7alaw el majlis!!! Then you've got my serian colleague who keeps repeating Kuwaiti's have no shighil .. democracy in Kuwait mafi mithilha!

They are driving me crazy! And the worse of it is that I don't know what the say to them! Any thing I say about the issue will turn it into a political debate which will be pointless & not in any one's best interest. They leave me with this beaten feeling that I don't know how to fight ;(

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Peach said...

J, "I never forget ANYTHING" I noticed ;P & about the dogs, well, they're not quit dragging thier tongues yet .. But summer is still not on full blast so I can't help but wonder! I'm hoping to post pictures too but that's what stopped me in the first place .. the pictures won't come out right!!!!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Peach said...

;P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home