Wednesday, November 03, 2004

There is Yet Hope

Yalla Shabab2. East & West.

I don't watch the news. I don't read newspapers & most of the TV shows depress me. I guess it's not in my system to tolerate the state of the world today. It makes me feel that everything is pointless, that life itself; is pointless. But then I see a couple of young men; no different than any young man we see on our streets, along with this ordinary looking American going by the name sheikh 7amza, traveling all over the States bettering the Islamic image and encouraging Muslims all over the world to take a stand and say No, this is not Islam. Islam is … In other words to refuse the bad image pinned on us by some and to show and make clear the true face and identity of Islam. Ri7la ma3a al sheik 7amza is probably the only show on TV I make sure I don't miss. It fills me with pride and a deep sense of relief and gratitude. The world is alright after all. There is yet hope. Yesterdays episode was the best so far, sheikh 7amza gave a speech at a Muslim convention for some 1300 Muslims. The things said were so heart warming. I cannot describe or measure the pride I felt. At the end of the episode a Muslim African American said what I called a rap and my mother called a rant, so I'm just gonna call it a rappin rant :p "dissing" so to speak, the state of unbelievers. State I say and not the unbelievers themselves. And correcting them, guiding them to what is important beyond the circles of spiritual ignorance there stuck in. I was planning on watching the rerun to quote for you some of the things said but unfortunately I slept :p
So I'm afraid you'll have to watch it yourself. 5 pm, mbc. And trust me, if you care, then this is a must see. And if your worried about Girge3an2 then don't, it starts right after it on KTV ;)
Over & Out.

5 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Blogger AyyA said...

I watched some of his shows while visiting family, and I tell you he sounds good. But I'm still skeptical 'bout those Islamist's motives; their hidden agenda. But I give him the benefit of doubt, only time can clear that out.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Drunk'n'Gorgeous said...

Good God, Peaches! I cannot thank you enough! I was watching "Boston Public" on Tvland when it ended around 3:45am so while I was surfing channels I stumbled upon Sheikh 7amza giving a speech. I was mesmerized. The way he talked was so eloquent. He was also quite young and good looking. What he said filled me with pride, so much pride!

Remember that part he said about taking the "internet test" by so-and-so to tell if "You are a good Muslim" and he failed that test and he was glad about failing that test because he wanted to be a good Muslim in God's eyes not in so-and-so's eyes.

Everything he said made perfect sense, it was so cool, and I could totally understand and even relate. Did you see the way he was looking at that guy who "rap-ranted"? He was giving him this approving nod with a hint of a smile playing on his lips. God I was mesmerized. I didn't know people like that existed! It really was heart-warming. I wanted to share it with everyone but sadly I didn't catch his name (Sheikh 7amza) or the name of the show so thank you very much for posting about him, and the convention (or else I wouldn't have known who you were talking about).

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Peach said...

Why were you created? General degradation? Found a substitute identity? Skeptic Nihilism? Without a good reason? (Incidentally what would be a good reason?)

The quest of a pen is but an inner journey towards self realization and spiritual understanding. Not to mention a pressure vent :)

Incidentally if I got something wrong, well sorry this is the best I can do.

"There are no facts, only interpretations." – Friedrich Nietzsche.

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger AyyA said...

well said peach

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Peach said...

Glad you agree with me D'n'G (^.^). Pride, so much pride. aha aha :) it's too bad niether of us got the name of so-and-so of the internet test though. I think if I had taken it I would've passed. lool

 

Post a Comment

<< Home