Sunday, October 31, 2004

What we Want in Life

I was lying in bed just now listening to the soothing sound of the waves on a CD, and with my eyes closed I started imagining I was lying on the beach right that moment on a soft mattress. Mattress on the beach?!! yeah .. oh yeah .. And I thought. I just gotta do that before I die. And I started putting it all together in my mind. I’d get a soft one-person mattress and I’d cover it all over with a huge plastic cover and then cover that with a bed sheet. A light soft blanky, a pillow & am all set ;) what else could you ask for. Right there on the beach, the vast ocean lulling you to sleep. aaaah .. This is definatly one of the things I gotta do before I die. Then I started thinking .. What else have I gotta do before I die! And I found the list was almost endless:

- Watch a sunset in Japan.
- Watch a sun rise in Hawaii.
- Go on one of those arranged 2-week tours in Egypt with European tourists.
- Learn in order Spanish, Italian, French & Farsi.
- Have a baby :P
- Live in Spain till i hate it, if that's possible.
- Live for three months in a wooden cottage by the beach in Pucket.
- Go on a safari in Africa.
- Learn to dance traditional Indian.
- Own an Ocicat, a Ragdoll, a Siamese & a Russian Blue. These are all cat breeds by the way.

These are ten points, and if you asked me tomorrow I’m pretty sure I’d have ten more for you. The point is I realized it's endless. The more you get of life the more you want and isn't that our great test here on earth ?!! Isn’t life supposed to grab you in it's endless delights and keep you asking for more? And, aren’t we supposed to WANT God's approval and god’s blessing instead of life? Isn’t that the test?
So now that I’ve come with my thinking this far I’ve concluded that what I really gotta do before I die is to be a better person, to be more in touch with god and to be as close to his approval as I can get. I’m not saying I won't do any of the other things, I’m just saying that through it all, I’m not going to forget it's all just a stage in a great big theater and I’m not going to forget that endless as life’s pleasures may seem, nothing is endless, all comes to it's timely end. And now I have come to my timely end , it's waaaaaay past my bedtime. You see .. As soon as I got the idea I just had to “gotta” write it down before I slept. So there’s point 11 for yeah ;) G'night.

12 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger AyyA said...

Welcome to the blogging world peach, and remember no pleasure can outlive your love to god, all the material things you can get one way or another, and you have the right to enjoy them, but the pleasure you get from them is timely.
nice start

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Peach said...

thanks rabab :) the funny thing is, i kept thinking and thinking what to post and nothing came to me. and when it was bed time and i was snugg in bed .. vwallah, there it was.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Peach said...

Ah.. the money issue :)
you don't need much money to realise u hardly need any at all Rave. After all .. Money is a state of mind ;)

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Peach said...

Life Shady, is what happened the next day when I missed class because I was up late. :)

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Peach said...

dear marumba :)
U can ask all that I am,
to give..
But don't ask to shake my heart.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Peach said...

My heart knows he's there.
I just take a side step into a another reality
and there he is. I see him,
Father, God, All.
:)

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Tooomz said...

Your post made me miss lying on the beach listening to the waves crashing down staring at the moon above...Caaaaaaaliiiiiiifooooooorniaaaaaaaaa here we come!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Peach said...

wish I was u toomz :) anywhere with a sea .. here I come lol. oh I wish it was summer!

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Gigi said...

Hey there Peaches...
I just discovered your blog and I *really* like it so far!

This line of yours...:
"So now that I’ve come with my thinking this far I’ve concluded that what I really gotta do before I die is to be a better person, to be more in touch with god and to be as close to his approval as I can get. I’m not saying I won't do any of the other things, I’m just saying that through it all, I’m not going to forget
it's all just a stage in a great big theater..."

...really struck a chord with me... for many reasons :)

Anyway, glad to see a fellow cat lover! I have a little ragdoll boy. He is so freakishly lovable I just want to gobble him up!! But he's too clever for me! Whenever I am about to pounce on him he does some amusing antic that makes me decide to wait until another day! He's a regular little Shehrazad ;)

So anyway about your choice of cats..I had some questions/ comments:
-Ocicat? Aren't they ugly? I mean, they look just like street cats don't they?
-Siamese are so classy, and their dark points are gorgeous, but lately they've become more and more "extreme" looking, i.e. too thin and "stretched".
-Russian Blues also beautiful. However, I *highly* recommend either a Burmese or Tonkinese (which is a cross between a Siamese and a Burmese). If you get them in the "blue mink" color you get the best of both the Siamese and the Russian Blue. You get the Siamese's friendly and social attitude, yet with a more moderate body type than the now-uber-elongated Siamese, and also the attractive "blue" color (or very close to it) of the Russian Blue...

Hey it says on your profile you got about 20 cats (freaky! hehehe) but how about posting some pics? :D

Gigi, enthusiastically

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Peach said...

OMGosh!! GiGi a Ragdoll?!! That is my all time fav. Breed oh god their sooo beautiful :) and big too .. how old is yours and how big is he ? and does he really throw himself on u like a rag when u carry him? :) I’m in love lol.

Here are ur question/comment answers :)

-Ocicats do not look like street cats they look like wild cats only smaller. They have the most amazing spots.
-I don’t really like the Burmese’s face or the Tonkinese.
-I never noticed that the Siamese body has changed! And to tell the truth I never really wanted a Siamese till I got a four month female as a gift ( my little Kia ), sadly she turned out to be sick and died shortly after she came to me taking with her Zues; a stray I was taking care of who turned out to be one little joyful rascal :) well, until he died that is :\ & so that is why now I really want a Siamese.
-“If you get them in the blue mink color you get the best of both the Siamese and the Russian Blue”. Do you also get the gorgeous emerald green eyes of the Russian Blue? :)
-I don’t have 20 cats, the profile says wana be in the making. The largest number of cats I’ve had together was 9. Now, thanks to my dear old man :\ I only have one, Anubis; a 6 month medium-hair gray tabby. And yet I really don’t mind, Nubie is one hell of a handful :)
-Another cat worth dying for? Somali :)

I can’t tell you how happy I am to find another cat person, all these dog ppl were starting to get on my nerves lol ( no offence dog ppl I love dogs too but only if their toy breeds and don’t grow ).
That’s it. I can’t take it anymore! My next post is gonna be all cat cat and more cat :) (sorry dog ppl) full with pics ;) I’d love to see ur Ragdolls pic too GiGi :) what’s his name by the way?

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Gigi said...

Heyy Peaches!

Abbaih I comment on people's blogs and then forget to check back on them :P

Simsim (I didn't name him :P ) is about 6 months old. And to tell you the truth I only *think* he's a ragdoll! Cuz although he has the temperament he's actually not a long-hair... Oh and he's colored like a birman... Maybe I will post his pic someday... :D

Oh by the way go sign up with www.kuwaitblogs.com's safat aggregator! All this time I was waiting for new posts from you thinking that it would show up on: http://safat.kuwaitblogs.com/?q=aggregator
It's a great service set up by the wonderful nibaq. It makes keeping up with people's updates so much easier :)

And yayyy for the cat post! Thanks for dropping a line at QQQ to point my attention to it :D Anubis is a hawtie!!

Gigi, admiringly ;)

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Peach said...

Thanks GiGi and sorry I didn't see your comment till now ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home