Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Troubled Sleep

Tossing & turning in a light sleep, the song of morning birds & the clicking of my mother on her lap top a few meters away, are the first things that penetrate my awareness. I ask what time it is; very early she says. I wonder what she’s doing up at this ungodly hour, then I remember; she was tired last night and slept very early. Myself on the other hand, I’ve been feverishly sleeping most of yesterday & last night. This ungodly hour is in fact; only ungodly to me! I sit up on my couch to take my flue medicine & ask her what the news is: they let Bashar go, the government is still quite about it, all is hush hush, not a word! I feel homesick. I miss Anubis & Katya.

I lie back down and try to catch some more elusive Z’s through my headache & congested sinus. What are they thinking! Are they even thinking at all! You don’t just grab a person off the street like that! What’s going on! We are a respectable & outspoken people, despite our short comings and have always been that way, when shit hits the fan we usually come out of our vanity & stick together, we tolerate injustice only to an extent. No, we are not perfect, we are hardly close to acceptable. And that makes our attempts at modernity & modern thinking & communication all the more precious. But this! What’s happening now, is simply barbaric! What age is our government trying to throw us back into! They are literally & in broad day light; raping our democracy! They are breaking the treaty of the Kuwaiti people with the earliest Sabahs! Our ancestors should be tossing & turning in their graves right now just as I do on my couch! For shame! I am still in shock & will probably remain so for a while yet.
How I miss my furry feline companions! I long to hold their warm little bodies, and sink my fingers through their thick soft coats, to feel Anubis snuggle & worm his way on my shoulder, between my neck & hair. Resting beneath my ear where his purrs vibrate & resonate in my head, putting me in a harmonious drowsiness. What I would give to look into those beautiful green eyes right now! Or to kiss the soft pure white space under his chin! By god! .. I have more respect for a cat than our government apparently has for the people! My head feels worse, I get up to take a couple of Advils, before I lie back down, sink deeper into the covers, deeper into the couch & off back into sleep, thankfully dreamless this time, the drugs are finally kicking in.

6 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger AyyA said...

What happened was, and still is, a shock to us all dear, no one was able to go to sleep, get well soon

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger 3baid said...

Cute cats. And he's out

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger UzF said...

are you not being able to sleep well too because of the same reason? :(

anyway, i see you've been back for some time.. welxome back even tho a little late.

ps did anyone tell you you looked like michelle branch?

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Peach said...

Ayya, 3baid: I'm all better now n thanks :)

Uoooooooooz :D That's one reason the other is i had a bad case of the fluzies! And Thank You :) & NO I am prettier than that woman ;) You've been missed bro :)

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger المصير said...

البلوج بتاعك شدى قوى يمكن لغرابته بس شكل خيالك واسع جدا جدا

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger human said...

its good blog
i like it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home